Even though our driving time to Missoula was 9 hours each way, I can still appreciate a few things. Here is my top ten list.
Top 10 things about traveling by car:
- You can pack extra pairs of shoes, for any weather, any occasion, or any whim.
- You can take your own pillow, or even your blanket.
- You don’t have to crawl across someone in the seat next to you when you have to go to the bathroom—but you do have to get the driver to make a stop.
- You can choose music, movies, books, magazines, needlework, or a nap (when you’re the passenger).
- You get to see lots of things you’d miss if you flew over them.
- If in doubt about the weather you can take whatever clothes choices you want.
- You can carry your own food with you and can eat when you want, or stop to eat when and where you want.
- You don’t have to carry travel size everything.
- You get some good one on one time with your spouse or kid.
- You don’t have to go through security!!